Thursday, 21 February 2013

From the Vaults#4 - Elves

Sorry I haven't done something from the Vaults over the last two weeks, I've been busy with two tournaments and a few other work bits and pieces.

The following models are from the Marauder range - from '87 and '88 respectively.

Dark Elf Corsairs



Dark Elf Corsairs
Witch Elf replete with crossbow....so cool!

This guy is a Dark Elf Corsair unit champion (I think) he's so cool I took two photos.  I love the owl and all the little pieces of equipment he carries....so characterful.

Photo #2 of badassness

Not High Elves, nor Wood or Dark Elves....just Elves (reads "Elf" on their casting tab '87)

When you look at these miniatures then look at the complete abortions that GW has just released (new Demons miniatures) a little piece of me inside died....
The new Demon miniatures are so crap....the cannon of Khorne looks like a over-blown "hot-wheels" car....just so shit.  Even the new Demonette doesn't have her tits out?  Like what the fuck is up with that?

That's all folks, I hope you enjoyed these models of yesteryear...

10 comments:

  1. Yeah not impressed with the Skullcannon/Blood throne. Are you gonna paint the Elves up in red period style?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a curator than a painter (although I can paint)....these will get filed away again in the scores of boxes currently filling my garage, kinda the purpose of From the Vaults is to at least show these mini's to the world, exciting memories of when GW was more than an exercise in marketing and when it was all about fluffy good times!
      Without sounding like a massive whinger....I do feel that GW has really got it wrong with the aesthetics of the new demons stuff, and really the only races that should be owning cannons are the Dwarves and Empire.

      Delete
    2. You should paint them up, then you would be cooler.

      Delete
    3. I know....I'm not worthy! However I'm valiantly trying to paint up my Epic and paint some more stuff for the forthcoming Equinox tournament.....I try! Still not worthy though!

      Delete
    4. I REALLY like the Drones.

      Delete
  2. Wow these minis are as old as I am. That Witch Elf is out of control.

    As for the new demons, I quite like all of the new non chariot/cannon models and think that with a good paint scheme the Nurgle Monstrous Cav will look great. Unimpressed with yet another army book looking to pick up laser guided cannons. Oh well, nothing in a skink army for them to shoot at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Epic - remember these bad boys from back in the day

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of the current plastic Daemonettes have their Tits out... If you really need your fill of them, I hear the internet has places for that kind of stuff.

    I actually think the Herald of Slaanesh is the best of the lot. It actually has a dynamic pose rather than everything else.

    As for those models, I've seen the Corsairs but none of the others. Witch elf looks better than the current ones too... Wish we could go back to the days when all the models had more character but sadly its not really Skirmish-Hammer anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James....since when has Slaanesh been all about modesty (I'm going to enrapture you with my covered boobies!).
      Check out one of the blogs I follow below....Warhammer for adults...really tempted to go retro!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I don't disagree with you, but that's the way GW have decided to go with Nettes since the last book came out so complaining about it now seems a bit four (five?) years ago... RIP you beautiful Juan Diaz Daemonettes :-(

      That said I'm going Raging Heroes models, for my Slaaneshii Daemons so Tits out for the boys!

      Delete