Tuesday, 13 August 2013

NERDYCON FLUFF STORIES Part One (NAMES REDACTED)


A Bretonnian Story


Le Dame Moeurs de la  Légères sat astride her mount the stallion Albert.  She had been riding the Stallion hard all night, she ached all over but knew the hardships had just begun.  The hard, painful, punishing ride had been worth it.  She stood within the safety of the ladies knights in front of the grail temple ofLégères.   She looked down on the heathen scum whose intent was to take this sacred place with the disdain they deserved as they crawled out of the woods at the base of the hills. 



2 groups of yeoman stood having fulfilled their duties.  1 group scouted ahead and guided the knights to this place the other had ridden to the local village and raised the alarm.  The local peasants had also praised the lady as they should in times of war.  They had built 2 trebuchets with which to honour their lady by the destruction of her foes.

Three lances of young men stood waiting for her command.  They were provided by the local lords, each one wealthy enough to arm and armour these warriors none brave enough to pull their fat behinds into armour themselves.  Only one lord seemed to have the ability to father a son to provide some class to proceedings with his noble blood.  Comte  Sous-vêtements de Legeres held aloft the banner of the lady, war shall be done this day and it shall be bloody.

For Legeres and FOR THE LADY!!!!

An Elvish Story
Avelorn



"The court of the Everqueen moves through Avelorn from from place to place like a great carnival… By day, silver laughter rings through the forest as elves make sport. By night fairy lights flicker in the darkness drifting behind the Everqueen's courtiers and illuminating the revelries and feasting… Avelorn seems the sort of rustic paradise which mortal men can only  dream…"



"…Yet beneath this carefree surface bitter enmities stir. Factions at the Evercourt vie for the favour of the Queen. Old Rivalries are barely submerged and every quip has a double meaning. For prestige is matter of life and death in Avelorn…"



"With so many journeying to Avelorn to join the court of the Everqueen it is unsurprising that many of Ulthuan's greatest heroes can be found there… perhaps to prove their prowess to the court and catch the eye of the Everqueen herself.

for the forest contains many dark and dangerous places where the hearts of the trees are rotten and great spiders lurk. The tainted places near the mountains are shunned by all but the boldest elves for lurking evil can strike the unwary even here. At times Great Chaos beasts find a  way town to Avelorn from the Annuli and ravage the land , but they are swiftly and ruthlessly hundred down by the Everqueen's would be consorts in an effort to gain her favour. "



-Quotes sourced from the 4,5,6,7 & 8th edition High elf book.



In service of the Queen- Avelorn Army,





Commander- Galimar on Night Talon 
Amongst the Ever court whispers have begun. New blood has brought Galiimars name in to 

disrepute. He has been labelled "the slayer of deer" humouring how he has seen more hunting in recent decades than battles, by those too young to remember the glory he once reaped. Unable to combat the high born silver tongued courtiers in a duel of words, the stoic commander is replying in the way he knows best. In service of the queen. Old debts have been called, glory awaits.





Niethiel- Fire talker

Niethiel is one of the select few mages who serves and councils the Everqueen directly.

A seemingly austere woman of few words she is known as the fire talker, as most of the talking she does is done when unleashing horrifically destructive spells upon foes of the realm. Citizen soldiers find her presence unnerving.





Queens guard-  The hawks of Tor saviour

If a noble lord carries enough favour at court he may find his army reinforced by a compliment of the queens guard. A mortal man might by awestruck by their beauty, but he would be foolish to do so. Even amongst the Asur the maiden guard reputation is legendary, their loyalty and discipline is unflinching.



Archers- Eldremars' rangers

Although, dressed more like hunters than traditional citizen soldiers from throughout Ulthuan, Eldermars' rangers are no less disciplined. They have a proud heritage of fighting overseas especially against the infamous goblin warlord known as Gularag Khan 



Reavers - The Dusk riders.

The dusk riders endlessly patrol the inner seas shores, guarding Avelorn's coast and borders from attack. They live off the land and often appear before a battle.





White lions - Princes of the wild

The units name was bestowed upon it by a caustic court dandy in jest of their lack of wealth when the small war band first wandered into Avelorns borders, hunting. The dandy was so used to seeing the White lions equipped in full kings regalia that seeing them un-helmeted with iron bound hair wearing animal skins made them look like the "Princes of wild" In rejection of Dandys way of life the warband took the name as mark of honour.





Sky Cutter- Mathlanns Fury

It is known that every tenth year the Evercourt goes forth on a seaborne pilgrimage to an fight an eclipse war. The sky cutter Mathlanns Fury is loyally of the sky cutters assigned to the Ever courts protection.





Dragon Princes - Galthan Honour

At the end of the last Dark Elf incursion, Galthan was brought face to face with the Everqueen as he pursued a scattered dark elf warband into Avelorn. Prior to that moment he was as proud as any Caledorian . It is said that he was so touched by her beauty and grace that he has devoted his life to gaining her favour. Three times has his body been broken in battle and restored in healing halls. Yet his pursuit of her favour does not tire.





Great Eagle- Gwalior

Gwailors name is known throughout Avelorn, never a more headstrong great eagle has graced the world, he is heedless of danger - in fact some say he seeks it out.





Eagle Bolt Thrower- The Whisperer

The crew of Whisperer are  legendary at positioning their bolt thrower in hidden positions, in scrub on the top of hills, on the edge of glades hidden in the forests edge. It takes it's name as the last thing many an advancing regiment has heard is the quiet whisper of it's strings before their ranks are scythed down in bloody ruin.





Sisters of Avelorn- The Path finders

The sisters have a stern reputation amongst the citizen soldiers of Avelorn. Some whisper that have strayed in the eyes of Isha's mercy and in fact worship the goddess Anath Rema - the Huntress. Anath Rema exists outside the pantheon of acceptably worshipped gods in Ulthuan due to her dark and ruthless nature. Whether the commoners rumours are true or not it is unknown. They do however excude a deadly purpose that only those who hunt in the dark forgotten parts of Avelorn seem to possess.
 
A Ratty Story

Missive 1
Dear Broodmother Mankfur, today I scrawl with great pride-pride, I have been accepted to the Clanrat training academy! Slave Simulation Combat Division! I will be leaving the warren shortly, and as you will be aware I have the makings of a mighty war-rat, my destiny is surely with the Bloodfang Stormvermin. When I am eventually Warlord of the clan, I will be sure to remember the careful way you have brought me up, the selective neglect has forged me into a fighter that none of my more well fed brothers can match. They maybe fast and strong, but they don't flee or hide well-well at all! I shall be leaving within the hour, and although you appear to ignore me, I know that this is all part of my grooming for greatness. I know the tunnels that will take me to the training warrens, and even though my brothers left weeks ago, I will find the way.
 
Gratefully yours,
 
Ratistan Meekscamper
 
Missive 2
Blessed Broodmother Mankfur,
It has been several weeks since I wrote, your replies must have been kept from me. The other recruits seem to have messages, but I suspect the Overseers are fake-forging the documents, to weaken my comrades resolve and make them want to return to the brood warrens. We train in the fight-pits, and have I managed to 'acquire' a stick, that passes quite well for a train-sword (apparently the other recruits were given them by their Warrens, but I suspect this is a lie-ruse). In single combat I am always paired against stronger opponents, I don't win but I learn to ignore the hurt-stabs, as I sure is intended by the nature of the training. I seem to have lost an ear, but the Moulder Medic assures me it will grow back, or at the least not cause the other one to fall off.
I have managed to find a quiet hole away from the main barracks to rest in, the other recruits taunt me with jealousy and have stolen my treasure-things, among them the token-claw that I know you left for me in the main brood-hall, I swear by the 13th that I will get it back. Hope you are well, and the new brood is blessed by the council.
 
Yours truly,
 
Ratistan Meekscamper
 
Missive 3
Revered Broodmother Mankfur,
I bring amaze-startle news! A Seer has been seen among the Bloodfang! They say that it is Chee'zus the Holy, and I hear from the shadows that some great plan of the council has come to the Bloodfang Clan. This is truly a great honour, and Warlord Heartstriker has unfurled the clan-banner and it sits at the barrackwarren entrance.
Even more good news, as my train-time comes to and end (it has been a long 4 weeks) the Slave Simulation Combat Master Throx has mentioned that I have been so good that I may be fit to carry the guide-bell in a slave unit! It is not usual for a Brood-rat to join the slave units, fortunately I know it is merely so that I understand the function of the great Bloodfang army from the lowest unit to the high. The foresight and smart-smarts of the trainers truly inspires me. Oh, and reminds me, I found an old Clan-shield as I foraged for food-bites, I better return it to the Barracks now, I will submit this letter first.
 
Dutifully yours,
 
Ratistan Meekscamper
 
Missive 4
Dearest Broodmother Mankfur,
Please forgive your dedicated rat-son, it has been many weeks and tunnel-miles since I've had a chance to write. A strange journey had a stranger start, as I went to return the shield to the Quarter-Rat I ran through the main barracks and right into the middle of the Bloodfang horde forming for parade! I saw the Quarter-Rat, but before I could get to him I was rushed at by Captain-Rat Fogstare of the 3rd Bloodrat Ratoon, he roared at me to get in line! I tried to scamper-flee but he grabbed me and threw me among the 3rd clan-rats. I hope that Master Throx is not disappointed, I am resolved to make my apologies when I return.
It has been a long march, some of my comrades have fallen as we've gone, but fortunately I have been able to acquire new treasure-things including have a real iron-stabber, paw wraps and a fine set of red rags! I don't know where we go, mostly I focus on the tunnel-rocks underfoot, avoiding the Moulder beasts and staying away from the spark-lights of the Warlocks as they move among the horde as we march.

Proudly yours,

Ratistan of the 3rd Bloodfang Ratoon
 
Missive 5
Dear Broodmother Mankfur,
I write to you on the eve of battle, Warlord Heartstriker has advised that now is the time for cowardly fear-rats to write home to their mothers so I will write at the same time as them.
When I sent my last letter, we still had not gone half as far as we needed too, and I almost wish-hope we had not gotten here. We have left the safe-tunnels to travel on the overland, white-cold is on the ground and there are big scent-trees everywhere. Tonight we will liberate a some buildings from the man-things that live in them, the Seer advises that the best way to do this is to burn them with magics, which seems odd because then the buildings would be gone, maybe this is also a form of liberation? There is a bright greenstar in the sky, the Seer seems to like it. I am sure you will be wishing me good luck! I hope I make the warren proud, and will write again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Ratistan of the 3rd Bloodfang Ratoon

Missive 6
Gracious Broodmother Mankfur,
So much has happened! The battle started well, but then it appeared to not go well. The 3rd Ratoon was bravely waiting behind the slave-rats while the warp magics rained down on the man-town, many buildings were being saved. Then some man-things on horses with armour attacked the Warlords Stormvermin, and then the greenstar fell out of the sky! It fell right on Warlord Heartstriker and the horse-men! Captain Fogstare volunteered me to go and see if everything was alright. I scurry-scampered over there but there was still more man-things around, one hit me with a steel club, I decided to bravely hide under my shield for a bit. The fighting went on around me while I defended the ground. After a few minutes I decided to look around, I felt a bit dizzy and when I got up I used a stick, but as it turned out it was the clan-banner! I didn't know it but apparently the Bloodfang horde had been tactically advancing away from the battle when they saw me stand up, and then they came back to see if I was alright! We succeeded in the liberation! Afterwards Holy Seer Chee'zus approached me and asked who I was was, I said that I was Ratistan and that I was cold, he must have misheard because now they call me Ratistan the Bold. He seemed nice, and he gave me a piece of the greenstar and will let me carry the clan-banner back home! We are heading back now and although the tunnels seem smaller, the road doesn't seem as long, look forward to seeing you again
soon.

Sincerely yours,

Ratistan the Bold

PS – My ear has grown back

1 comment:

  1. All hail Ratastin! Got a good laugh out of this one. Hope there's more like it coming.

    ReplyDelete