Wednesday, 18 December 2013

First casting of entire Epic miniature....

Last night I sat down to cast my first full Epic vehicle miniature. Previously I have only cast bits or tiny little infantry pieces.
I used my new resin that I had purchased recently from the Fibreglass Shop in Hamilton - conveniently the new bottles had "shake well" written on top. Shaking the mixture made a massive difference to my casts! You may think why didn't you shake them any way - well, I was worried about air bubbles in the mix previously.
The mini's I picked to cast were the open-topped Ork truks. They are actually quite difficult as they have many varied angles - so it was hard to set them in the initial mold.
The casts were 95% successful, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Here they are....



That's all for now folks....until next time!

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting, Please let us know how this works out.
    *Following*

    ReplyDelete